Polart Circle initiates a partner’s platform at the European scale, associating art companies, scholars, universities, civil society organisations and youth integration organisations.
Activities gathers artist-educators, emerging artists, experts and citizens interested in the relationship between art and politics.
Led on a three year period (2016-2019), the activities consist in workshops, researches, artist residencies, production of Moocs and organization of events.
During this experience, participants collaborate to conceive a methodology formalising the artistic creation process, associating art and politics. Participants then disseminate this methodology throughout Europe: promotion weekends and online publication of video material, like Moocs.
The thematic agenda considers each year as a “season”, throught the angle of one discipline:
season 1 (2016-2017) – Writing / exploring art and politics through a writing experience
season 2 (2017-2018) – Staging / exploring art and politics through designing and staging
season 3 (2018-2019) – Acting / exploring art and politics through characters and performing
- La Transplanisphère (France) latransplanisphere.com (coordinator)
- Teatermaskinen (Sweden) teatermaskinen.com
- Ex Quorum (Portugal) exquorum.blogspot.fr
- Ortzaï teatro (Spain, Basque Country) ortzai.wix.com
- Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre lmta.lt/en
- Open University Zagreb (Croatia) www.pou.hr
- Cittadinanzattiva (Italy) activecitizenship.net
- ODC Ensemble / Vyrsodepseio (Greece) vyrsodepseio.com
- Volcano Theatre (UK – Wales) volcanotheatre.co.uk
Polart Circle as presented on Sciences Po University website.